If everyone lived "with our future in mind", do you think that we would live differently? (different habits, behaviors, etc).
I think for the most part, people live in the present. Live for now, worry about it later... but later comes all too soon for most. We realize that living can sometimes mean forgetting to take care of ourselves. If I lived for my future in mind, maybe I wouldn't go out and have so many drinks with my friends when I get the chance and maybe I would choose to give up soft drinks because no good comes from drinking them. Although it isn't often that I do this... I dont have my future in mind. My body, mind, and soul are living in the now and later I realize I may not have made the best choices. If everyone lived with their future in mind, things would DEFIANTLY be different. We wouldn't think twice about making the best decisions for our selves and for the people who are apart of our lives. Maybe there would be less premature babies and less drug addicts or maybe heart disease would lose its number one spot and we would see that change can take place, change for the better. Maybe we wouldn't let the little things get to us and build weight on our shoulders because in the end, it was never really worth getting mad over. Relationships may take a turn for the best, less cheating and more loving and listening. Although I can't say only good would come of it, I know that living first and thinking later is what's easy and most of us are pretty lazy, therefore the choices we make reflect like mirrors back at us all too soon. What goes around comes around and if we could make better habits of thinking about our future and the future of our friends, family, and children... we would take two steps forwards.
Living is so important. Nothing should stop someone from living a full, happy, and healthy life. But what seems to last and stick with us, are the memories of the decisions we made... and no one should regret what they did. Thinking with the future in mind, I personally would make better decisions. I personally have made better decisions like choosing not to cheat on my boyfriend who cheated on me. When I thought about it, I never wanted to look back and be like him. I wanted to be better and when I thought it out... I just couldnt do it. I also found myself forgiving a lot of people I had held a grudge against for so many years. I think the weight was getting to heavy and when I let it go... I felt like I had made the best decision of my life. Not because it was right, but because I taught myself how to forgive and what it feels like to let go. I have made a lot of decisions that weren't right, many of them I have learned from. But if I take anything with me, its that we get one chance, and I want to leave foot prints... big ones.
Sara Abbasi
*Music for thought: The Hush Sound- You Are the Moon
No comments:
Post a Comment