What are the biggest challenges to regular exercise and a healthy diet that you face? How are these challenges going to change for you over the next five years?
Exercise used to be a second thought to me. You know when you go to the gym and its just not fun for you so you get bored and don't give it your all? I never had that because my form of exercise was always playing soccer, something I enjoy and take pride in. Now, after a few years of college, I have found myself outside of anything I have ever known. I actually have to work to stay fit! And it feels like work to me...
I have taken on a challenge. I will develop a lifestyle I enjoy. That means I need to stay active any way I can. Therefore, I found out about my companies indoor soccer team and I joined it. I was really nervous because I knew no matter how much I ran, I was not going to be fit enough or ready for this new season. I was also scared because well... it was a mens league.
The biggest challenge in my life right now and forever will be having the discipline to stay active and having the time to do it 3 or more times a week. I don't have a family right now but I can only imagine how that will impact my life. But some times I just have to think about the statistics of heart disease or problems associated with living a sedentary lifestyle and I get enough motivation to get my butt off the couch (or bed) and go for a run. AND IT FEELS GREAT. I always feel so good after a run. I get to to put on my headphones and relax. It sounds crazy right... elevated heart rate and relaxed? Its actually a feeling I relate back to being a child and being carefree. There gets a point where it isn't always easy to run given Houston's weather or what I had for lunch but never the less, no matter what, I always feel great after words. And I had nothing to loose by going for a run. 30 minutes for myself is worth it and everyone should have 30 minutes to relax, get away, and do something! For me, in the next 5 years, I plan on joining a womens soccer team. Partly because the happiest part of my life was playing with my girls and partly because guys play rough! 2 torn ligaments and I'm thinking maybe I should stop. I see myself at least trying to live an active life and no matter what, in the future, I will always remember and keep in mind the small things that make staying active so worth it.
Sara Abbasi
No comments:
Post a Comment